Saturday, January 2, 2010

Kids Food Basket

Dani~

This is the email I sent to some of my co-workers. Your $2 turned into $10. Which is the donation I'm sending to them today. I will include a note about your website too. This is a non-profit feeding hungry kids in my area. Sorry it took so long to get around to it. I didn't forget. :)

Lisa


Ladies,

A friend of mine from high school has started a project... It's very catchy.. I wanted to share about it and ask for help. The premise of the project is The Power of 2. What can $2 really do? When you think about it, at first it doesn't seem like a lot of money... but it really is.

She mailed us all envelopes with $2, and asked us to do something with the $2 let her know what it was we decided to do. Did we buy a coffee, by a card and mail it to a friend we haven't talked to in a while, save it, etc. The only stipulation is you can only spend $2. Not $2 and tax.. $2.

With the $2 she sent me I'm going to donate it to Kids Food Basket (www.kidsfoodbasket.org) which provides sack dinners to kids locally (in Grand Rapids, MI) that would otherwise have no dinner. Their website says that they can purchase food items at the rate of 1 pound for 15 cents... That means that the seed money she sent me will buy 13 pounds of food!! I'm going to add my own $2 to this totalling $4...and we are off!!

Wanna see how many pounds of food we can purchase for this organization? Would you like to join me in adding $2? I would gladly put your $2 with mine.

What can YOU do with $2?

http://www.twodollarproject.blogspot.com/ (for more information on this project)

Thanks!

Lisa

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP