Saturday, January 2, 2010

Helping Dreams Come True

*photos (which you have to see because they are great!) and original blog post here

dani
has been working on an amazing project
and
when she asked if I would be interested in helping her
well
let's just say
I was honored
this is how it goes
~~
she sent me two dollars
asking me to do something with it
that would hopefully make the difference in the life of someone
and
then if at all possible
document it for her
the two dollars were burning a hole in my pocket
while I kept looking and listening and watching and waiting for a perfect opportunity
and
then yesterday
after I had exhausted myself at
~art fair on the square~

I headed down state street a bit
to do what I love to do
~people watch~
and
came across these two boys
who were just starting to unzip the cases protecting their guitars

then out came the
"saving for california"
sign
and
I was hooked
~~
I started the pot
by
throwing the two dollars dani trusted me with
into the open guitar case
{actually tucking it under the sign as the wind was blowing important things around}
and
stood back and listened
to two fabulous dueling acoustic guitars
while a latin beat danced in my head

and
watched
and
watched others
watching
and
after 15 minutes
their case was cradling ten dollars
and
I slowly walked away with a huge smile on my face
thinking to myself
how often lately I feel like I've been in the right place at the right time
and
wondering
if this just happens all on its own
or
if it's possible to create these scenarios yourself
?
~~~~~
whatever it is
I feel blessed
and
if you're wondering
yes
the oldest one of these boys reminded me so much of john mayer
and
the charismatic and amazingly talented younger one
well
I just wanted to take home due to his extreme cuteness

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP